WHAT'S HOT?

Christian Bale Not Worried if 'Flowers of War' Gets Censored in China

January 21, 2012 20:34:26 GMT

The actor is not denying the possibility of his new movie being censored in China for it was an epic movie about the Japanese invasion in Nanjing.


Christian Bale
See larger image
© Wrekin Hill Entertainment

Having had a friction with the government while staying in China to film "The Flowers of War", Christian Bale said that he is not worried that the film would get a censor in China. The lead star said he was happy enough to have done his part in the ambitious movie by director Zhang Yimou.

"I just do what I do. What happens after I'm wrapped is always out of my hands. It doesn't matter which country that's in, which scenes get chosen, which scenes get cut, that has nothing to do with me," the actor said.

The film, about the Japanese army's 1937 rampage through Nanjing, is touted as the most expensive Chinese film in history at an estimated $94 million. The dialogue is split between English and Mandarin, prompting Bale to require a translator to work with Zhang.

"I have a great sense of adventure, and whatever adventure I can take out of moviemaking, I'm going to," he said. "So I hope that not just with China but with internationally that we'll start to get much more mixing of nationalities and film cultures. And I think we're going to get some really interesting results from that."

Last month, the 37-year-old actor drove eight hours to visit the home of Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng, a blind lawyer who has been under house arrest since September 2010 for speaking out against the government's alleged human rights abuses. He wanted to shake the man's hand in respect but was roughed up by government-backed guards.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter