While 'Hugo' and 'Bridesmaids' are nominated in Best Edited Dramatic and Comedy/Musical Feature Film categories respectively, 'Rango' is up for the Best Edited Animated Feature Film award.
Just a day after the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards revealed its winners, the 62nd annual American Cinema Editors' Eddie Awards announced its nominees in movie field. Among those which are set to compete at the awards are Martin Scorsese's adventure drama "Hugo", Paul Feig's romantic comedy "Bridesmaids", and Gore Verbinski's animated feature "Rango".
"Hugo" is nominated for the Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) along with some other strong competitors, including "Moneyball" and "The Descendants", which has just been named the Best Drama at the Golden Globes. "Bridesmaids", meanwhile, is set to face up against "My Week with Marilyn" and potential Oscar contender "The Artist" for the Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical) award.
As for "Rango", the Johnny Depp-starring animation receives a nomination in the Best Edited Animated Feature Film. It is set to compete with two other well-reviewed movies like Steven Spielberg's "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" and Chris Miller's "Puss in Boots".
Meanwhile, acclaimed films which don't score a nomination at the ACE awards include Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life", Tate Taylor's "The Help" and Nicolas Winding Refn's "Drive" among others.
ACE is an honorary film editors society that was founded in 1950. The editors are voted into membership on the basis of their professional achievements and dedications to the education of others, as well as their commitment to the craft of editing. In addition to the movie, ACE announced the nominees in TV that includes "Modern Family", "Breaking Bad", "Saturday Night Live", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Game of Thrones".
All winners of the ACE Eddie Awards 2012 will be unveiled during a ceremony that will take place at the International Ballroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday, February 18. The show will be hosted by actor/comedian Patton Oswalt.
Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic):
- "The Descendants" - Kevin Tent, A.C.E.
- "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" - Angus Wall, A.C.E. and Kirk Baxter, A.C.E.
- "Hugo" - Thelma Schoonmaker, A.C.E.
- "Moneyball" - Christopher Tellefsen, A.C.E.
- "War Horse" - Michael Kahn, A.C.E.
- "The Artist" - Anne-Sophie Bion and Michel Hazanavicius
- "Bridesmaids" - William Kerr and Michael L. Sale
- "Midnight in Paris" - Alisa Lepselter
- "My Week with Marilyn" - Adam Recht
- "Young Adult" - Dana E. Glauberman, A.C.E.
- "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" - Michael Kahn, A.C.E.
- "Puss in Boots" - Eric Dapkewicz
- "Rango" - Craig Wood, A.C.E.