In this new cycle, the contestants will be split up from their team mate and up against each other to win the grand prize.
Having just picked the winner of the 12th season, "The Biggest Loser" is gearing up for the next cycle. The show has unveiled the official cast line-up for the 13th season which is subtitled "No Excuses".
Featuring ten teams of two, the show will pit them up against their team mate in the race for the champion title and the $250,000 grand prize. While 18 of the 20 contestants come to the ranch with their loved ones, the other two cast members will initially be paired as strangers.
"The Biggest Loser: No Excuses" will debut Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 8 P.M. ET on NBC. Bob Harper or Dolvett Quince will still train the contestants, while Anna Kournikova has announced that she will not return for her second season.
The latest "Biggest Loser" winner John Rhode was crowned on a Tuesday, December 13 finale. Appearing on "Today" after the airing, he admitted that keeping the weight off "will be the true test." The football coach, however, does not "want to be a slave to the scale anymore."
Parent and adult child teams:
- Gail Lee (realtor), 57, and her daughter, Lauren Lee (exercise physiologist), 26, Poolesville, Maryland.
- Mark Cornelison (youth pastor), 43, and his son, Isaac "Chism" Cornelison (student), 19, Magnolia, Texas.
- Kim Stone (registered nurse), 48, and her daughter, Megan Stone (student and support staff for organization that assists disabled adults), 21, Dittmer, Missouri.
- Nancy Rajala (retired), 63, and her granddaughter, Cassandra Sturos (in-home senior caregiver), 25, Fowlerville, Michigan.
- Conda Britt (nutrition health services tech), 24, and her brother, Jeremy Britt (banker), 22, Rockford, Michigan.
- Adrian Dortch (music producer and community activist), 34, and his sister, Daphne Dortch (paralegal/kids activity team member), 37, Evanston, Illinois.
- Joe Messina (truck driver), 38, Auburn, New York, and his brother, Mike Messina (cook), 41, Oakland, California.
- Allen "Buddy" Shuh (pastor), 42, Wayne, Michigan and his brother, Ben Shuh (Retail store manager), 34, Howell, Michigan.
- Christine Pickler (self-employed), 42, and her husband, Roy Pickler (self-employed/Santa Claus), 63, Middlebury, Indiana.
- Emily Joy (teacher), 29, Huntersville, North Carolina, and Kim Nielsen (former professional wrestler), 38, Roswell, Georgia.