WHAT'S HOT?

Sugarland Sued for Being Irresponsible at Indiana State Fair Accident

November 23, 2011 17:34:34 GMT

'It is critical to help the victims pay the medical bills and other financial expenses that they have incurred from this incident,' one of the victims' attorney said.


Sugarland
See larger image
Photo credit: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN

Sugarland inevitably land in one of the lawsuits filed by the victims of Indiana State Fair stage accident. A gust of wind blew off the erected musical stage on August 13, killing seven people and injuring almost four dozen people. Sara Bareilles just descended the stage and the country duo were about to take over.

Attorneys representing 44 survivors and four dead victims have filed the complaint alleging breach of reasonable care to the victims in Marion Superior Court in Indianapolis. They came all the way from Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio seeking unspecified damage from Sugarland, producers, stage riggers and others associated to the fair.

Sugarland are especially mentioned above other performers because they reportedly have the final say on whether to cancel the concert or not due to the weather. "Unfortunately, this tragedy could have been prevented if the responsible parties had been concerned about the concertgoers that night," plaintiff's attorney Mario Massillamany said.

Sugarland and the other entities, according to the lawsuit, owed a duty to provide a safe concert environment and use reasonable care in the direction, set-up and supervision of the concert. The complaint leaves out the fair and the state of Indiana among the defendants.

Lisa Hite, one of the survivors represented by Massillamany, provided a statement, saying "The injuries I sustained have left me unable to provide for my family. The financial and emotional strain this has caused has left a lasting impact on my family."

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter