Also winning kudos near the end of the 45th annual Country Music Association Awards are Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert as Male and Female Vocalist of the Year respectively.
Before the 45th annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards came to and end, Taylor Swift was invited to the stage of the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee to collect Entertainer of the Year. This victory saved her from walking home empty handed after she was repeatedly blocked from winning 2011 Country Music Awards earlier that night.
The country music cutie brought home the top honor after having a tough competition with the best male country musicians like Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban. She received the honor from his senior Reba McEntire, who won the top prize in 1986. During her acceptance speech, she took time to give shout-outs to the guest performers on her concerts.
Earlier in the evening, Blake Shelton came out victorious in Male Vocalist of the Year category. He won the gong over Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. He received the trophy from "Water for Elephants" actress Reese Witherspoon.
The history repeated itself when Blake's wife Miranda Lambert got Female Vocalist of the Year. This marked their wins in the categories for two years in a row. Last year, they took home the awards and became the first couple who grabbed Male and Female Vocalists since Tim McGraw and Faith Hill won them in 2000.
Miranda was given the prize by duo presenters Dierks Bentley and Emily VanCamp, but the announcer reportedly falsely mentioned her as Martina McBride. The member of girl group Pistol Annies beat Taylor, Sara Evans, and co-host Carrie Underwood in addition to pushing aside Martina.
The big winner of the November 9 ceremony, however, was newbie The Band Perry. They collected three awards in New Artist of the Year, Single of the Year, and Song of the Year. Jason Aldean followed them by bagging double kudos; Musical Event of the Year and Album of the Year.
- Entertainer of the Year: Taylor Swift
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Blake Shelton
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
- New Artist of the Year: The Band Perry
- Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Sugarland
- Single of the Year: "If I Die Young" - The Band Perry
- Album of the Year: "My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean
- Song of the Year: "If I Die Young" - The Band Perry
- Musical Event of the Year: "Don't You Wanna Stay" - Jason Aldean with Kelly Clarkson
- Music Video of the Year: "You and Tequila" - Kenny Chesney ft. Grace Potter
- Musician of the Year: Mac McAnally