October 27, 2011 04:37:14 GMT
After he was released from a Hillsborough County jail in Tampa, Florida, Michael Lohan tells reporters that he 'did not lay a hand on' his girlfriend, Kate Major.
Despite Kate Major's claim that he bruised her during a domestic dispute, Michael Lohan is insisting he is innocent. The father of troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan was released from Hillsborough County's Orient Road Jail in Tampa, Florida on Wednesday, October 26, and was quick to tell reporters that he did not lay a hand on his girlfriend.
"I did not hurt Kate. I didn't do anything to hurt her," the 51-year-old said as quoted by the Daily News. He went on to explain, "We had an argument about a girl who's a really bad influence on Kate, and I took the phone out of Kate's hand and threw it down. I said I'd had it and that I was leaving, and she panicked. She was worried she'd get stuck with all the bills, so she called the police."
Offering his side of the story, Michael denied reports suggesting that he threw a remote control at Kate and threatened to throw her off a fourth-floor balcony. "Oh come on," he said. "I didn't throw a channel changer. I have a boxing match coming up. I would never hurt myself because of her." He additionally accused Kate of having him arrested for a quick tabloid paycheck.
Michael was arrested on domestic violence charges on Tuesday, October 25. According to police reports, he appeared out of breath when police arrived at Kate's condo. In his response, the ex-husband of Dina Lohan said he was having an anxiety attack. "The stress makes my heart shut down. It brings on heart attacks for me," he reasoned.
As for the reason behind the dispute, TMZ previously reported that Michael was angry when Kate refused to perform oral sex on him. Kate herself has appeared in court to ask for a permanent restraining order against Michael. She was granted another temporary restraining order until November 15.