The other winners include Tinie Tempah, Hugh Laurie, Duran Duran, Bradley Cooper and Keith Richards.
In a black-tie gala held at Britain's Covent Garden's Royal Opera House, a number of high profile celebrities including U2 were honored by GQ. Bono, The Edge and friends got Band of the Year trophy at the glitzy celebration in London.
The other lucky musicians who received the GQ once-in-a-year prize included Tinie Tempah and Hugh Laurie. The former was recognized for his achievement as a solo artist, while the latter was handed Lifetime Achievement Award.
Outside music, there was Bradley Cooper who scooped International Man of the Year. Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones brought home an award as well. He was declared Writer of the Year for his autobiography at the Tuesday (September 6) gathering.
This year, GQ celebrated its 14th annual Men of the Year Awards. Although being held to recognize the most influential men, the event didn't ditch the lady. Dutch supermodel Lara Stone was named Woman of the Year, becoming the only female to be feted that night.
Coming to witness those winners claiming their prizes were Johnny Depp, Emma Watson, Leona Lewis, Charlize Theron, John Legend, The Saturdays, Pixie Lott and Sophie Ellis-Bextor among other A-listers.
- Comedian of the Year: Rob Brydon
- Solo Artist of the Year: Tinie Tempah
- Chef of the Year: Heston Blumenthal
- Politician of the Year: George Osborne
- Most Stylish Man of the Year: Matt Smith
- Sportsman of the Year: Rory McIlroy
- Designer of the Year: Tommy Hilfiger
- Woman of the Year: Lara Stone
- Actor of the Year: Benedict Cumberbatch
- Music Man of the Year: Hugh Laurie
- TV Personality of the Year: Professor Brian Cox
- Inspiration of the Year: Mario Testino
- Editor's Special of the Year: Bill Nighy
- Lifetime Achievement: Duran Duran
- Man of Next Year Surprise Award: Lord Sebastian Coe
- Alfred Dunhill Cultural Icon: Sir Trevor Nunn
- International Man of the Year: Bradley Cooper
- Band of the Year: U2
- Writer of the Year: Keith Richards
- Help For Heroes: The Armed Forces