WHAT'S HOT?

Lifetime Brings 'America's Most Wanted' Back to Life

September 07, 2011 06:44:20 GMT

The network picks up the John Walsh-hosted program after FOX canceled the series earlier this year.


Lifetime Brings 'America's Most Wanted' Back to Life
See larger image

Lifetime will give "America's Most Wanted" a second chance. The cable channel has picked up the program, which was axed by FOX in May this year, along with its host John Walsh. "For more than two decades John Walsh has been leading the fight against crime and it's an honor to partner with him on bringing back this important show," the network's president and GM Nancy Dubuc said in a statement on Tuesday, September 6.

"I've always believed there was something very special about 'America's Most Wanted' and that there should be a home for it on television," said Walsh, who also serves as an executive producer of the longest-running program of any kind in the history of FOX. He added, "I couldn't be happier to now be able bring it back on Lifetime."

"America's Most Wanted" had run for 23 years when FOX decided to cancel it in mid-2011. At that time, Fox Entertainment topper Kevin Reilly said the series was no longer profitable for the network.

The crime-fighting show will return for its 25th season on Lifetime later this year. The four two-hour quarterly specials, meanwhile, will still air on FOX as planned.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter