Warner Bros. Respond to 'Hangover II' Stunt Double's Claim Over Brain Injury


Warner Bros. Respond to 'Hangover II' Stunt Double's Claim Over Brain Injury


The studio state that they will offer a continual support for Ed Helms' stunt double, who is suing for the alleged brain damage he suffered while shooting the film.

Warner Bros. Pictures have released a statement regarding the lawsuit that was filed against them by a stunt double of "The Hangover Part II", Scott McLean, who claimed that he suffered a serious injury during the shooting for the movie in Bangkok, Thailand last year. In a statement released by their representative, the studio said they are trying to find a way to solve the matter.

"We were shocked and saddened by this accident and have been working closely with Scott and his family throughout his treatment and recovery," so said the rep. "We have offered continual support since the accident occurred and we are working together to try and resolve any outstanding issues."

On Tuesday, August 30, McLean, who did a body double for Ed Helms in the movie, filed his lawsuit in California federal court. In his legal document, McLean claimed that he got injured when doing a stunt where he was required to lean out of a window of a moving vehicle. At that time, another car spun uncontrollably and crashed, resulting on a major collision.

According to McLean, the stunt needed "precision and timing". On the matter, he accused the stunt coordinator Russell Solberg of changing the timing just after they had started performing the stunt. "Solberg commanded to the driver of the automobile in which plaintiff Scott McLean was a passenger, that the speed of his vehicle be increased significantly to a speed unsafe for the stunt," so McLean claimed in his lawsuit.

McLean's representative told The Hollywood Reporter that his client suffered a "likely permanent brain and physical injuries." He had ongoing seizures, speech impediments, physical impediments and brain trauma after being lifted from Bangkok to Australia at that time.

"Hangover 2" was directed by Todd Phillips and released on May 26. The comedy film is starring Helms, along with Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Nick Cassavetes and Paul Giamatti.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
  2. Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower
  3. Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream
  4. Khloe Kardashian Is 'Begging' Tristan Thompson to Propose
  5. Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
  6. Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
  7. Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
  8. Cheryl Shows Off Bulging Baby Bump as She Officially Announces Pregnancy
  9. Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
  10. Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top

CELEBS PHOTO