The FOX sci-fi series snatches three prizes, while Stephen Moyer and Joe Manganiello take home one kudo each for their roles on the HBO drama show.
"Fringe" is the Best Network Television Series, according to the result of the 37th Annual Saturn Awards. The Joshua Jackson-starring drama sci-fi series wins the top prize at the event which was held on Thursday, June 23 in Burbank, California.
Nominated in five categories, "Fringe" takes away another trophy through Anna Torv who is hailed as Best Actress in Television. John Noble, meanwhile, is named Best Supporting Actor in Television.
Also grabbing multiple kudos at the prize-giving event is "True Blood". The hit HBO show wins two out of four nominations, with Stephen Moyer being dubbed Best Actor and Joe Manganiello being honored for Best Guest Starring Role.
"The Walking Dead", which actually led the nominations with 6, only takes home one prize for Best Television Presentation. Also representing AMC, "Breaking Bad" is named Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series.
At the 2011 Saturn Awards, The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films also presents trophies for the works in movie. "Inception" comes out as a big winner among the film categories with five awards.
Full Winner List of 2011 Saturn Awards in TV:
- Best Network Television Series: "Fringe"
- Best Syndicated/Cable Television Series: "Breaking Bad"
- Best Television Presentation: "The Walking Dead"
- Best Actor in Television: Stephen Moyer ("True Blood")
- Best Actress in Television: Anna Torv ("Fringe")
- Best Supporting Actor in Television: John Noble ("Fringe")
- Best Supporting Actress in Television: Lucy Lawless ("Spartacus")
- Best Guest Starring Role in Television: Joe Manganiello ("True Blood")