The Jared Leto-fronted band snatched two kudos at the June 9 prize-giving event which honored Ozzy Osbourne with Legend Award.
30 Seconds to Mars were triumphant at 2011 Kerrang! Awards which was held on Thursday, June 9 in London, England. The group of three grabbed two kudos for Best Single ("Hurricane") and Best International Band.
"Thank You So Much For The Two Kerrang Awards!! Its because of this wonderful family that we won. We accept them, with love, on your behalf," Jared Leto thanked fans for the win via Twitter. The band edged out My Chemical Romance which led the nominations with five.
Still, My Chemical Romance did not come home empty handed. They managed to grab Best Video title via the visual treatment for their track "Na Na Na". Meanwhile, All Time Low were named Best Live Act, as Best Album kudo went to Bring Me The Horizon for "There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is a Heaven Lets Keep It a Secret".
The show, which marked 30th anniversary celebrations for the British rock magazine, also presented Legend Award to Ozzy Osbourne. Korn were added to the magazine's Hall of Fame, Def Leppard were awarded with Inspiration trophy, while Alice Cooper took home Icon Award.
- Best British Newcomer: Asking Alexandria
- Best International Newcomer: Black Veil Brides
- The Devotion Award sponsored by Relentless Energy Drink: Skindred
- Best Video: My Chemical Romance - "Na Na Na"
- Best Single: 30 Seconds to Mars - "Hurricane"
- Classic Songwriter: Biffy Clyro
- Best Album: Bring Me The Horizon - "There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is a Heaven Lets Keep It a Secret"
- Best Live Act: All Time Low
- Best British Band: You Me At Six
- Best International Band: 30 Seconds to Mars
- Kerrang! Legend Award: Ozzy Osbourne
- Kerrang! Hall Of Fame: Korn
- Kerrang! Inspiration: Def Leppard
- Kerrang! Icon Award: Alice Cooper