May 17, 2011 07:04:12 GMT
Despite sending congratulation to the husband of Demi Moore, Charlie Sheen is allegedly 'destroyed' by the casting news because he never thought he would finally be replaced by other actor.
Charlie Sheen is reportedly "destroyed" after learning that Ashton Kutcher has been officially tapped by CBS and Warner Bros. Television to replace him on "Two and a Half Men". A source said the news came as quite a shock for Sheen since he always thought he would be invited back.
"He really thought that he would be invited back," a friend of Charlie's told PopEater. "After years of suffering no consequences for his behavior, why would he think anything else? Finally it has sunk in that he doesn't live by different rules to everyone else. Actions do have a consequences."
"He is destroyed that Ashton is replacing him. Destroyed," the friend went on. "We are all worried that he hasn't hit bottom yet and that this could make him spiral out of control again. Especially after all the other productions that he assumed would happen have fell apart."
Previously, Sheen congratulated Ashton and the "Two and a Half Men" crew after learning that the deal has been sealed. The troubled funnyman wrote, "Congrats to the cast and crew...CBS & WB..! My best to @aplusk !! The show must go on... You got the right guy!"
But later, he issued a cynical statement which was quite the opposite to his Tweet. "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!!" he said. "Enjoy the show America, Enjoy seeing 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB. Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton. There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."
Kutcher himself humbly said, "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!" He's looking forward to working with the team, "I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes."