WHAT'S HOT?

Mike Starr 'Mixing' Drugs Before Passing, Roommate Claims

March 10, 2011 01:58:37 GMT

The former Alice in Chains bassist, who was found dead on Tuesday afternoon, March 8, has been seen mixing methadone and anxiety medication the night before.


Mike Starr 'Mixing' Drugs Before Passing, Roommate Claims
See larger image

The cause of Mike Starr's tragic death still awaits the toxicology reports, but his roommate has offered a slight clue on what it might be. To TMZ, the roommate said that the former Alice in Chains bassist was "mixing" methadone and anxiety medication on Monday night, March 7, just hours before he died.

Accordingly, the 44-year-old rocker had been using methadone in his effort to get sober. He had also been taking medication to battle anxiety issues stemming from his arrest for felony possession of a controlled substance in February. His roommate further said, "Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober ... I am going to miss him greatly."

Mike, who appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew" in 2009, was found dead on Tuesday afternoon, March 8. According to the Salt Lake City Police Department spokesman, the rocker's body was found in a Salt Lake City home after police were called to the house at around 1:42 P.M. The spokesman added that there is no indication of foul play involved.

Since the sad news broke out, many including Dr. Drew and Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx have expressed their condolences. Additionally, Mike's former AIC mates, Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney said, "Jerry and Sean are mourning the loss of their friend and ask that the media respect their privacy - and the privacy of Mike's family -during this difficult time. Their thoughts and prayers are with the Starr family."

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments

posted by Htos1 on Mar 09, 2011
RIP man.
posted by sgmfreebie on Mar 09, 2011
so incredibly sad!!! i was really rooting for him. RIP.

Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter