The M. Night Shyamalan-directed sci-fi 'wins' over 'Eclipse' as Worst Picture, while the second 'SATC' movie is named the worst sequel.
"The Last Airbender" has been deemed the Worst Picture at the 31st Annual Razzie Awards. It saved the likes of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" and "Sex and the City 2" from taking the biggest loser title in addition to nabbing other four kudos.
The movie adaptation of Nickelodeon's TV series landed its helmer/scribe, M. Night Shyamalan, Worst Director and Worst Screenplay awards. His aim to enhance the visual with 3-D technology was not helpful either as the film was named the Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D. "Last Airbender" actor Jackson Rathbone got Worst Supporting Actor gong, partly also for his unimpressive performance in "Eclipse".
"[The Last Airbender] is only an hour-and-a-half long, but it feels like a month," said Razzies creator John Wilson. He added, "The dialogue was so unintelligible; it's like a foreign film without subtitles."
Escaping from being crowned the Worst Picture, the "Sex and the City" sequel could not save itself from taking other worst titles. The four female leads were named the worst actresses in the 2010 and they additionally shared Worst Cast Ensemble prize with the other cast mates. The romantic comedy was also named the Worst Sequel.
The other "honors" from the Saturday, February 26 event went to Ashton Kutcher and Jessica Alba. Both of them shared screen in "Valentine's Day", with Kutcher's acting in "Killers" and Alba's roles in "The Killer Inside Me", "Little Fockers" as well as "Machete" also contributing to their Worst Actor and Actress title respectively.
Full Winners List of the 31st Annual Razzie Awards:
- Worst Picture: "The Last Airbender"
- Worst Actor: Ashton Kutcher in "Killers" and "Valentine's Day"
- Worst Actress: The Four "Gal Pals" (Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis in Cynthia Nixon), "Sex and the City 2"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Jackson Rathbone in "The Last Airbender" and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse"
- Worst Supporting Actress: Jessica Alba in "The Killer Inside Me", "Little Fockers", "Machete" and "Valentine's Day"
- Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D: "The Last Airbender"
- Worst Screen Couple / Worst Screen Ensemble: The Entire Cast of "Sex and the City 2"
- Worst Director: M. Night Shyamalan for "The Last Airbender"
- Worst Screenplay: "The Last Airbender", written by M. Night Shyamalan, based on the TV series created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko
- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "Sex and the City 2"