Lindsay Lohan took the hardest blow from the late night host, followed by Willie Nelson, John Mayer and Justin Bieber.
David Letterman took part in the celebration of music industry's biggest night by reading out "Top 10 Biggest Surprises at the Grammys". During the live telecast of the February 13 event, the host of "Late Show with David Letterman" took a jab at several artists including Lindsay Lohan and John Mayer.
At number 10 on his list, Letterman read, "Lindsay Lohan seen leaving Staples Center with Grammy-shaped bulge in her jacket." This refers to the troubled actress' latest legal case where she is accused of stealing a necklace. Lohan is currently free on bail with a felony grand theft charge.
About John Mayer, Letterman made a startling comment of "John Mayer caught in a passionate embrace with Susan Boyle." Meanwhile at number 8, Letterman made fun of a country singer's pot possession arrest. "Willie Nelson provided the Grammy show snacks," he said.
And his number one 'surprise at the Grammys' is "Justin Bieber. Hairpiece". The camera turned to the 16-year-old who apparently missed the joke, but his mentor Usher was caught laughing.
10. Lindsay Lohan seen leaving Staples Center with Grammy-shaped bulge in her jacket.
9. New music laws prohibit rhyming ladies with Mercedes.
8. Willie Nelson provided the Grammy show snacks.
7. Jay-Z revealed "Empire State of Mind" was really about Trenton, New Jersey.
6. The new category: best male or female traditional R&B urban alternative non classic latin performance by a duo or group with vocals.
5. In a touching ceremony, will.i.am adds a comma.
4. The Academy president finally explains the difference between record of the year and song of the year.
3. Lady Antebellum and Lady GaGa form supergroup, Lady Antegagum.
2. John Mayer caught in a passionate embrace with Susan Boyle.
1. Justin Bieber. Hairpiece.