Tinie Tempah leads the pack with four nominations, while Katy Perry and Eminem get double nods at the February 15 awards show.
Nominations list of 2011 BRIT Awards has just been revealed. U.K. rising star Tinie Tempah leads the battle with multiple nods alongside big international artists like Katy Perry and Eminem. Tempah is up for four categories including British Male Solo Artist and British Album of the Year.
On the heels of his domination are Plan B, The xx and Mumford & Sons who receive three nominations each. Along with Ellie Goulding, Cheryl Cole, Take That, Cee-Lo Green and Arcade Fire, Perry and the Slim Shady follow with double nods.
Perry is vying for International Female Solo Artist with Alicia Keys, Kylie Minogue, Rihanna and Robyn. Eminem, meanwhile, is competing against Bruce Springsteen, Cee-Lo, David Guetta and Kanye West for International Male Solo Artist. Additionally, Perry and Eminem are going head to head against each other in International Album.
The nominations were announced by Fearne Cotton at London's Indigo2. Coming to the special event as musical guests were Jessie J (this year's winner of Critics' Choice), as well as nominees Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding and The Wanted. The entire winners will be revealed in a live ceremony on February 15 at London's The O2.
The prize-giving event will be hosted by James Corden. Trophies which will be handed to the winners have been redesigned by Fashion legend Dame Vivienne Westwood. Special award, Outstanding Contribution, which has previously been given to Sir Paul McCartney, U2 and Robbie Williams, has been scrapped at the upcoming event.
British Male Solo Artist:
- "All Night Long" - Alexandra Burke ft. Pitbull
- "Parachute" - Cheryl Cole
- "You've Got the Love" - Florence and the Machine
- "When We Collide" - Matt Cardle
- "Please Don't Let Me Go" - Olly Murs
- "She Said" - Plan B
- "This Ain't a Love Song" - Scouting for Girls
- "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz
- "Pass Out" - Tinie Tempah
- "All Time Low" - The Wanted
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons
- "The Defamation of Strickland Banks" - Plan B
- "Progress" - Take That
- "Disc-Overy" - Tinie Tempah
- "xx" - The xx
- "The Suburbs" - Arcade Fire
- "The Lady Killer" - Cee-Lo Green
- "Recovery" - Eminem
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry
- "Come Around Sundown" - Kings of Leon
- Ethan Johns
- John Leckie
- Markus Dravs
- Mike Pela
- Stuart Price