Preventing Lil Wayne from taking the first spot, Kenny Chesney claims his sixth No. 1 album with the latest chart topper 'Hemingway's Whiskey'.
Kenny Chesney scores his sixth chart topper this week as his latest installment "Hemingway's Whiskey" debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200. Selling 183,000 copies in its opening week, the album wins over strong competitor Lil Wayne's "I'm Not a Human Being".
The Hip-Hop effort, which was intended for digital release only, bows with 110,000 units and thus secures the second spot on the U.S. albums chart. While the country music album marks Chesney's sixth chart topper, the rap record becomes the incarcerated rapper's eighth top-10 album.
There are two other new entries on Hot 200 beside those sitting at the first and runner-up places. Gucci Mane's "The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted" arrives at No. 4 with 60,000 copies, and Eric Clapton's "Clapton" lands at the sixth position with 47,000.
Last week's chart champion Zac Brown Band's "You Get What You Give" falls two spots to the third place. Eminem's "Recovery" moves up to No. 5, Trey Songz's "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" holds its last week's position at No. 7, and Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns" drops five slots to No. 8.
Rounding up the Top 10, meanwhile, is Selena Gomez's "A Year Without Rain" which is recorded with her band The Scene. Claiming one spot higher than Gomez is Maroon 5 with their "Hands All Over".
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Hemingway's Whiskey" - Kenny Chesney (183,000)
- "I'm Not a Human Being" - Lil Wayne (110,000)
- "You Get What You Give" - Zac Brown Band (70,000)
- "The Appeal: Georgia's Most Wanted" - Gucci Mane (60,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (59,000)
- "Clapton" - Eric Clapton (47,000)
- "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" - Trey Songz (42,000)
- "A Thousand Suns" - Linkin Park (42,000)
- "Hands All Over" - Maroon 5 (41,000)
- "A Year Without Rain" - Selena Gomez and The Scene (38,000)