The news about Michaele Salahi being evicted from "The Real Housewives of D.C." is too premature. The White House dinner party crasher was said not coming back for the second season for her reputation and her husband Tareq's are not doing the show any good. Bravo reportedly had learned that "not all press is good press".
However, in a statement to Pop Eater, Bravo's spokesman said, "We've had no discussions about a season two - including any casting - and won't until the freshman season concludes. Any speculation to the contrary would be absolutely premature. And let's face it, it wouldn't be a proper 'Real Housewives' franchise without the drama of casting rumors."
The backstage drama about Salahi's casting is concerning her frustration that the contract with Bravo has prohibited her and Tareq to talk about the White House crash incident to the press. It forced Bravo to extend a statement last week. It said, "Bravo [has] consistently and repeatedly stated to the Salahis and their representatives that they were free to speak to press, law enforcement, Congress and anyone else about attending the State Dinner. Indeed, they have given multiple press interviews on that very subject."
Page Six was the first to report the departure of Salahi, saying the housewife caused more drama for the production company in court that on the set of the show. Her castmates are also not keen on working with the infamous couple. A source additionally told Pop Eater, "The DC show is the only show in the entire franchise that isn't a true hit. And the Salahi's are the biggest reason for that."
"At first, execs thought they struck gold with all the attention the couple got over the White House dinner. But now they realize not all press is good press and this couple's involvement in the show has turned more viewers off than on."
Season 1 is to conclude on Thursday, September 23. After that, there will be a reunion special as well as "The Lost Footage".