Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete has beaten off a total of 84 contestants at Miss Universe 2010 pageant, followed by Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps at the first runner-up.
Miss Universe 2010 pageant has finally announced its winner and the girl who was chosen to replace Miss Universe 2009 Stefania Fernandez is Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete. Jimena successfully fought off a total of 84 contestants at the beauty contest.
Jimena won at the first place with Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps at the first runner-up. Meanwhile, Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell, who was chosen by fellow contestants as Miss Congeniality, landed on the second runner-up. Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska and Miss Philippines Venus Raj were at the third and fourth runner-up respectively.
Earlier, five other contestants of the beauty pageant who made it to top ten but weren't selected into top five were Miss Albania Angela Martini, Miss Guatemala Jessica Scheel, Miss Ireland Rozanna Purcell, Miss Puerto Rico Mariana Paola Vicente and Miss South Africa Nicole Flint.
Miss Universe 2010 pageant was held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip on Monday night, August 23. A total of 84 contestants at the big event, which is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC, were judged by Criss Angel, the gold medalist Evan Lysacek, Chynna Phillips and actress Jane Seymour.
Miss Universe 2010 Pageant:
- The Winner: Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete
- 1st Runner-Up: Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps
- 2nd Runner-Up: Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell
- 3rd Runner-Up: Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska
- 4th Runner-Up: Miss Philippines Venus Raj
- Miss Congeniality: Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell
- Miss Photogenic: Miss Thailand Fonthip Watcharatrakul
- Best National Costume: Miss Thailand Fonthip Watcharatrakul