"Sherlock Holmes 2" will be showing its shape earlier than it was expected. While it was previously reported that the movie will start principal photography in December, Jude Law has revealed that he will possibly be acting as Dr. John Watson once again in this autumn.
"It looks likely that we're going to shoot the second 'Sherlock Holmes' in October," the Brit told Empire Online. However, when asked about the detail of the storyline, Law claimed he still has no idea. "I don't know yet where the story will go, but there are a lot of Sherlock Holmes novels to choose from," he stated.
Beside the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, Law has several projects lined up this year. Met at the 45th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival where he received Festival President's Award, the actor was also willing to talk about his next two films, "Hugo Cabret" and "Contagion".
"I've had a long period of doing nothing, which has been self-imposed and wonderfully rewarding, I have to say, but mostly so because I've got a very busy second half of the year coming up. I'm working with [Martin] Scorsese on his new film 'Hugo Cabret', which I believe is his first film for children. I don't want to give too much away, but I play Hugo Cabret's father," he shared.
As for the Steven Soderbergh's actioner "Contagion" which will be supported by some A-list stars, Law gushed, "It's an ensemble piece about the spread of a H1N1-type disease on an international scale." He additionally said to Empire Online, "So it's going to be a very busy second half of the year; very lazy first half of the year."
When returning to "Sherlock Holmes 2", Jude Law will be joined by Robert Downey Jr. and Rachel McAdams who will reprise their roles as Sherlock Holmes and Irene Adler respectively. Guy Ritchie has also signed to return to the directing seat, but the depicter of movie's villain has not been announced. This action comedy is set for December 16, 2011 U.S. release.