The CBS soap beats 'The Young and the Restless', 'General Hospital' and 'All My Children' in the coveted spot.
"The Bold and the Beautiful" and "As the World Turns" equally take three top prizes at the 2010 Daytime Emmy Awards, but it is the former that brings home the coveted one. The soap airing on CBS is named Outstanding Drama Series at the Sunday, June 27 ceremony held in Las Vegas.
Of the 68 categories in the nominations list, only a few are read out during the ceremony. Announced as the winners of Outstanding Lead Actress and Actor in a Drama Series are Maura West and Michael Park respectively, both from "As the World Turns". Drew Tyler Bell won Younger Actor in a Drama series through his role in "Bold" while "General Hospital" star Julie Berman won the Younger Actress nod.
Although Ellen DeGeneres did not submit her name for Outstanding Talk Show Host consideration, her show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" is still able to pocket one prize through Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show.
Partial list of winners is available below while the full one is expected to be posted at the official site soon.
- Daytime Drama Series: "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Maura West, "As the World Turns"
- Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Michael Park, "As the World Turns"
- Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Julie Pinson, "As the World Turns"
- Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Billy Miller, "The Young and the Restless"
- Younger Actress in a Drama Series: Julie Berman, "General Hospital"
- Younger Actor in a Drama Series: Drew Tyler Bell, "The Bold and The Beautiful"
- Talk Show - Entertainment: "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- Talk Show - Informative: "The Doctors"
- Game Show: "Cash Cab"
- Drama Series Directing Team: "General Hospital"
- Drama Series Writing Team: "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- Talk Show Host: Dr. Mehmet Oz, "The Dr. Oz Show"
- Game Show Host: Ben Bailey, "Cash Cab"