Soon after the actress was said to join Courteney Cox in the upcoming horror movie, representatives for Dimension Films debunk the report.
Don't expect to see Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox's collaboration for big screen project in the near future. In contrary to report which mentions that the "The Bounty Hunter" beauty will play alongside her "Friends" co-star in "Scream 4", representatives for Dimension Films tell Shock Till You Drop the rumor is "Not true!"
Star Magazine was the first which came up with news that Jennifer will join the fourth installment of "Scream" film franchise. According to the publication, the 41-year-old actress will play a woman who is killed off in the opening sequence. The said role reportedly is similar to the one tackled by Drew Barrymore in the first "Scream" film.
It was additionally said that Jennifer will take the role "as a favor" to her best friend Courteney. " 'Scream' has always been an important part in Courteney's life, and she wanted Jennifer to be a part of the production," an insider further explained to the magazine about why Jennifer would be involved in the film.
So far, cast members who are confirmed for "Scream 4" include Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and Rory Culkin in addition to Courteney herself. The production is planned to be kicked off this July in Michigan for April 15, 2011 U.S. release. Wes Craven will direct this upcoming thriller.
Though she will not appear in "Scream 4", Jennifer Aniston can soon be seen in "The Switch" which will be released in the U.S. on August 20. She is also currently shooting "Just Go with It" in which she stars alongside Adam Sandler as well as Nicole Kidman.