The young wizards movie franchise takes home two prizes, while the vampire drama series grab three kudos.
Today's two biggest franchises in movie industry have got their glorious moment at 2010 National Movie Awards. On Wednesday, May 26, the event which was held in London, England gave away two awards to "Harry Potter" and three gongs to "Twilight".
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" was named the Best Family Movie, while its franchise got Special Recognition Award. Seen coming to represent the film were "Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright.
As for "Twilight" franchise, it got its kudos from Best Fantasy category for "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" and Most Anticipated Summer Movie category for "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse". Additionally, Robert Pattinson got Best Performance of the Year kudo for his portrayal of Edward Cullen in "New Moon". Unfortunately, the actor was not seen attending the event.
Other winners that night included Robert Downey Jr.-starring adventure film "Sherlock Holmes" which was picked as Best Action Movie / Thriller and drama "The Time Traveler's Wife" which was named Best Breakthrough Movie. Meanwhile, Tom Cruise who came to the gala with wife Katie Holmes was honored with Screen Icon award.
Winners List of 2010 National Movie Award:
- Best Fantasy: "The Twilight Saga's New Moon"
- Best Action Movie / Thriller: "Sherlock Holmes"
- Best Breakthrough Movie: "The Time Traveler's Wife"
- Best Family Movie: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
- Best Performance of the Year: Robert Pattinson ("The Twilight Saga's New Moon")
- Most Anticipated Summer Movie: "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse"
- Special Recognition Award: "Harry Potter"
- Screen Icon: Tom Cruise