Mindy McCready who was rushed to hospital on early Tuesday, May 25 has been back home, Associated Press reports. The country music singer was hospitalized following a 911 call made by her mother at 10:38 A.M. from North Fort Myers home for a possible drug overdose, Lee County Sheriff's Office confirms.
Speaking to Radar Online, Mindy's mother Gayle McCready Inge says her daughter took a near lethal dose of prescription pills in what was a failed suicide attempt. Inge says Mindy took an amphetamine drug which is used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder, Darvocet and another muscle relaxer.
"I asked Mindy how many pills did you take. She said maybe 25," Inge recalls. "I said that's it, and that's when I called 911." She then adds, "Mindy told the 911 people that she absolutely didn't care if she lost her life. My daughter is very, very sick."
Cape Coral Hospital spokeswoman Karen Krieger would not explain why Mindy was taken to the hospital. However, representative for the 34-year-old star Kat Atwood states that Brent Young, a man who serves as Mindy's assistant, says Mindy suffered nothing more than a bad reaction to painkillers prescribed for a broken toe. Brent additionally says Inge's reaction for calling 911 is "overreacted"
Similar statement is also released by Mindy's brother Josh McCready who calls the reports a big misunderstanding. "She is fine and back at home with my mother. It was by far over a huge exaggeration," he says in a statement released through e-mail.
Back in 2008, Mindy McCready was admitted to a Nashville hospital after police said she cut her wrists and took several pills in a suicide attempt. She previously also had a bad history with drugs and alcohol, but recently claimed to have beaten out her addictions.