In contrary to the early estimates, the epic movie still secures the top spot at Box Office as it grosses more than one million dollar higher than the romantic comedy.
"Clash of the Titans" has regained its champion title at North American Box Office. A day after it was reported that "Date Night" could win at the chart since studio estimates claimed that it pulled in about $225,000 higher than the action drama, the true numbers have come out, stating otherwise.
According to Box Office Mojo, the final result released on Monday, April 12 mentions "Clash of the Titans" has grossed $26.6 million over its second weekend. Though it drops 56.5% in ticket sales, the movie is still named the winner at the chart with more than $1 million gap between its revenue and that of "Date Night".
20th Century Fox, meanwhile, could be a little bit disappointed since the Tina Fey and Steve Carell-starring flick obtains far less than it was earlier mentioned. Previously said grossing $27.1 million on its debut weekend, the film apparently only rakes in $25.2 million.
Beside the two top spots, the rest of the top ten positions do not undergo any significant differences to what it was earlier reported. "How to Train Your Dragon" still holds the second runner-up place, followed by "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and "The Last Song", which rounds up the top five.
Final Result of Top Ten Movies at Box Office for April 9-11:
- "Clash of the Titans" - $26.6 million
- "Date Night" - $25.2 million
- "How to Train Your Dragon" - $24.9 million
- "Why Did I Get Married Too?" - $11 million
- "The Last Song" - $9.7 million
- "Alice in Wonderland" - $5.4 million
- "Hot Tub Time Machine" - $5.3 million
- "The Bounty Hunter" - $4.2 million
- "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - $3.9 million
- "Letters to God" - $1.1 million