March 08, 2010 05:31:12 GMT
'The Hurt Locker' collects the most awards at the ceremony, taking the coveted prizes for Best Picture and Best Director categories.
© Summit Entertainment
The 82nd Annual Academy Awards has just been wrapped and "" comes home victorious that night with six kudos, more than other movies. The drama has successfully beaten out strong competitors such as "", "", "" as well as "" to get the title of Best Motion Picture of the Year.
"The Hurt Locker" celebration is completed with Kathryn Bigelow's win for Best Achievement in Directing category. Though it comes as no surprise for most people, the helmer keeps grounded during her acceptance speech and thanks the troops, saying "They're there for us, and we're there for them." The other Oscars statuettes collected by the film are for Best Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing as well as Best Original Screenplay.
Following "The Hurt Locker" is "Avatar" with three prizes. The sci-fi has aided Rick Carter, Robert Stromberg and Kim Sinclair to receive Best Art Direction gong, as well as led Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones to win Best Visual Effects kudo. The James Cameron-directed film additionally helps Mauro Fiore to win its first Oscars for Best Cinematography category.
, who was named Worst Actress at 2010 Razzie Awards for her performance in "", has managed cover the bad title with her Best Actress kudo from Oscars for her portrayal of Leigh Anne Tuohy in "". Meanwhile, in best male actor category, from "" comes out as the winner.
Full Winners List of the 82nd Annual Academy Awards:
- Best Motion Picture of the Year: ""
- Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: - ""
- Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: - ""
- Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: - ""
- Performance by Actress in a Supporting Role: - ""
- Achievement in Directing: Kathryn Bigelow - ""
- Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher - ""
- Original Screenplay: Mark Boal - ""
- Best Animated Feature Film of the Year: ""
- Best Documentary Feature: ""
- Best Foreign Language Film of the Year: "El secreto de sus ojos" ("The Secret of Her Eyes") - Juan Jose Campanella, Argentina
- Achievement in Art Direction: Rick Carter and Robert Stromberg (Art Direction), Kim Sinclair (Set Decoration) - ""
- Achievement in Cinematography: Mauro Fiore - ""
- Achievement in Costume Design: Sandy Powell - ""
- Achievement in Film Editing: Bob Murawski and Chris Innis - ""
- Achievement in Makeup: Barney Burman, Mindy Hall and Joel Harlo - ""
- Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score): Michael Giacchino - ""
- Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song): "The Weary Kind" - Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett - ""
- Achievement in Sound Editing: Paul N.J. Ottosson - ""
- Achievement in Sound Mixing: Paul N.J. Ottosson and Ray Beckett - ""
- Achievement in Visual Effects: Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones - ""
- Best Documentary Short Subject: "Music by Prudence"
- Best Animated Short Film: "Logorama"
- Best Live Action Short Film: "The New Tenants"
More The 82nd Annual Academy Awards News: