The winners in motion picture category were dominated by 'Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire' which landed six kudos.
The 41st annual NAACP Image Awards has been held on Friday, February 26 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" had a great reason to celebrate. The Lee Daniels-directed movie swept six gongs, started with Mo'Nique who took a prize for Outstanding Supporting Actress early that night.
Her co-star Gabourey Sidibe also shared the joy as she was honored with Outstanding Actress award. Meanwhile, the film's helmer Daniels managed to grab an award in Outstanding Directing category. He was later followed by scriptwriter Geoffrey Fletcher who won Outstanding Writing prize. The film itself landed two coveted prizes, being named best film and best independent film.
Best actor award went to Morgan Freeman through his performance in "Invictus", while in supporting actor category Adam Rodriguez came out as the winner, being honored for his role in "I Can Do Bad All By Myself". The rest of the awards in movie categories belonged to "The Stoning of Soraya M." which was named Outstanding Foreign Motion Picture and "Good Hair" which was honored with Outstanding Documentary award.
The 2010 NAACP Image Awards was presented by American National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. The event, which was hosted by Anika Noni Rose and Hill Harper, was held to honor outstanding people of color in film, television, music, and literature.
Full Movie Winners List of 41st NAACP Image Awards
- Outstanding Motion Picture: "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture: Morgan Freeman - "Invictus"
- Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture: Gabourey Sidibe - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture: Adam Rodriguez - "I Can Do Bad All by Myself"
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture: Mo'Nique - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Outstanding Independent Motion Picture: "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Outstanding Foreign Motion Picture: "The Stoning of Soraya M."
- Outstanding Documentary (Theatrical or Television): "Good Hair"
- Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture: Geoffrey Fletcher - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Outstanding Directing in a Motion Picture: Lee Daniels - "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- Chairman's Award: Tyler Perry