Kicking it off in New York, Atoms for Peace, which consist of Flea and Joey Waronker among other acclaimed musicians, will end their roadshow at Coachella Music Festival in California.
Thom Yorke's supergroup has got an official name. "It has been decided that we call ourselves Atoms for Peace. hope you like the name.. it seemed bleedin' obvious," so the Radiohead's frontman announced.
Along with that, Thom revealed the new band's tour dates with Flying Lotus serving as an opening act. They will start the gig at Roseland Ballroom in New York on April 5 for a two-day concert. One day after rocking Santa Barbara Bowl in California on date 17, they will close the tour with a performance at the 11th Annual Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival.
Previously, Thom Yorke was lined up at the music festival under the name Thom Yorke????. Later on, he confirmed that he has a side project with Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea, Beck's Joey Waronker, Forro in the Dark's Mauro Refosco and producer Nigel Godrich.
They actually had debuted their first live appearance as a group in October last year during a concert at Los Angeles' Orpheum Theater, but hadn't picked up any name until February 25. The name is taken from a track listed in Thom's 2006 solo album "The Eraser".
Atoms for Peace's tour dates:
- Apr 05 - New York, N.Y. at Roseland Ballroom
- Apr 06 - New York, N.Y. at Roseland Ballroom
- Apr 08 - Boston, Mass. at Citi Wang Theatre
- Apr 10 - Chicago, Ill. at Aragon Ballroom
- Apr 11 - Chicago, Ill. at Aragon Ballroom
- Apr 14 - Oakland, Calif. at Fox Theater
- Apr 15 - Oakland, Calif. at Fox Theater
- Apr 17 - Santa Barbara, Calif. at Santa Barbara Bowl
- Apr 18 - Indio, Calif. at Empire Polo Field (Coachella Music Festival)