Christoph Waltz was named Best Actor of the Year through his performance in 'Inglourious Basterds' while the film's director Quentin Tarantino was honored with Dilys Powell Award.
The London Film Critics' Circle has announced their picks for the best during the last year. At the gala for the 30th Annual London Critics' Circle Film Awards which was held on Thursday, February 18, Christoph Waltz took one gong as he was chosen as the Best Actor of the Year for his portrayal of Col. Hans Landa in "Inglourious Basterds".
He was joined by "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" star Mo'Nique who came out as the winner in Actress of the Year category, beating out the likes of Vera Farmiga ("Up in the Air"), Carey Mulligan ("An Education"), Meryl Streep ("Julie & Julia") and Abbie Cornish ("Bright Star"). Additionally, another coveted prize, Director of the Year, is won by "The Hurt Locker" helmer Kathryn Bigelow.
Meanwhile, coming out as a big winner was "Fish Tank", grabbing four awards in total. This British Film was presented with Attenborough Film of the Year award while its director was picked as British Director of the Year. Additionally, its stars Michael Fassbender and Katie Jarvis won a prize for British Actor in a Supporting Role and The NSPCC Award for Young British Performance of the Year respectively.
Also among the winners that night were Carey Mulligan and Colin Firth. The "An Education" beauty took home British Actress of the Year kudo while the "A Single Man" actor was awarded with British Actor of the Year prize. Additionally, Quentin Tarantino who helmed "Inglourious Basterds" was presented with The Dilys Powell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Cinema.
Full winners list for the 30th Annual London Critics' Circle Film Awards:
- Film of the Year: "A Prophet"
- Attenborough Film of the Year: "Fish Tank"
- Director of the Year: Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker"
- British Director of the Year: Andrea Arnold, "Fish Tank"
- Actor of the Year: Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious Basterds"
- Actress of the Year: Mo'Nique, "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire"
- British Actor of the Year: Colin Firth, "A Single Man"
- British Actress of the Year: Carey Mulligan, "An Education"
- British Actor in a Supporting Role: Michael Fassbender, "Fish Tank"
- British Actress in a Supporting Role: Anne-Marie Duff, "Nowhere Boy"
- Screenwriter of the Year: Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci and Tony Roche, "In the Loop"
- The NSPCC Award for Young British Performance of the Year: Katie Jarvis, "Fish Tank"
- Breakthrough British Film-Maker: Duncan Jones, "Moon"
- Foreign Language Film of the Year: "Let the Right One In (2008)"
- The Dilys Powell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Cinema: Quentin Tarantino