January 05, 2010 02:28:59 GMT
Chris Harrison admitted there was an embarrassing situation that involved one of the show's contestants and producers.
On the eve of "The Bachelor" new season premiere, host Chris Harrison revealed an off-screen scandal that involves a female contestant and a producer. Harrison said the affair between the show's producer and the unnamed contestant was one of the most "uncomfortable" and "embarrassing" situations that they encounter.
To 104.3 My FM, Harrison unveiled that the female contestant and the producer found time to have a relationship while filming last Fall. It was then between the case of being caught and coming forward. Harrison said, "Eventually, stepped up to the plate, and we were like, 'Well, okay.' There was a barn storm. There was a fire!"
The contestant has since been kicked off the show and the producer had been fired. "This is something that we took very seriously and it's something that we couldn't just sit by," Harrison reasoned.
The affair however has little effect on the actual show. Bachelor Jake Pavelka is kept in the dark about the accident while the rest of the crew "took care" of it. Yet, it is still unclear whether the female contestant who had the affair is included in the first few episodes. The show airs every Monday night starting January 4.