'This is a very bittersweet good-bye for me, because the kids are already missing it,' Kate Gosselin addressed the family's situation when ending the show after five years.
On Monday, November 23, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" officially ended its five-year run on TLC. Kate Gosselin opened the series finale, stating her belief that the reality show is only doing her and the kids good. "This is a very bittersweet goodbye," Kate said. Talking about the end of the show, she added, "I feel like it's been taken from us, from me and the kids."
Although this could be the last chance they are seen on the same screen together, Kate and Jon Gosselin chose to do separate interviews and activities with their kids. Kate took the children to an organic farm where they get to feed calves. Kate managed to slip in a joke about the little cows peeing because her children scared them.
Meanwhile, Jon organized a lemonade stand to raise money for the local fire department. Twins Mady and Cara had a bicker about their logo design and Jon sent them inside the house because he thought they were "unappreciative". The sextuplets were then treated with a demo from one of the firefighters who climbed up the ladder.
In his solo interview, Jon discussed about being himself, free from the grasp of marriage. "I felt like I was free," he said, adding that he has to stop "being a kid." Kate similarly reviewed their marriage, and said, "Maybe I've been in the same boat as Jon, but the truth is I've been in a completely different boat. I never had a clear picture of how it would end, but I think it's too soon."
"Jon & Kate Plus 8" will be replaced by "Cake Boss" the rest of this year and "Table for 12" on March 23. Unlike stated in the press release last month, Kate Gosselin will not star in her own show "Kate Plus 8" because the pressure in the family is just too much. "We are focusing on the launch of Kate's new [talk show] in early spring. 'Kate Plus 8' is not in production," a network spokeswoman said.