Lady GaGa, Lily Allen, Kasabian, Muse, U2 and Mr. Hudson are several musicians who win at this year's Q Awards.
2009 Q Awards has just been wrapped and Lady GaGa added a trophy to her collection. She won Best Video, pushing aside The Dead Weather, Mika, Dizzee Rascal and Florence and The Machine. She, however, was not present at the show, much to host Al Murray's dismay. "Remember Lady GaGa it's show business not show friends!" Al said.
Though grabbing Best Video, Lady GaGa was beaten in Breakthrough Artist category. She lost the title to Mr. Hudson. "Wow, thanks. White Lies sort of stole my speech," he said making a reference to the previously-announced winner. "I've never won anything before, thanks alot. I'm going to take this straight round to my mum's house and put it on the mantelpiece, thanks a lot."
Joining Lady GaGa, Mr. Hudson and While Lies in the winners list was Lily Allen who received Best Track prize. "Q has been nice to me, I'm very proud, thanks," she said when collecting the award. Next, there were band Kasabian who nabbed Best Album. "Thanks for best live album....best live..best album," singer Tom Meighan stated during their acceptance speech.
Muse also managed to bring home one trophy. They were named Best Act in the World Today. When taking the stage to receive the award from Q Editor Paul Rees, they were given a raw chicken by Al for the forthcoming apocaplypse mentioned in their latest album, "The Resistance".
Held by Q Magazine, the award took place on November 26 in London this year. "Q remains proud of the fact that its awards recognizing musical achievement and excellence during the past 12 months are decided by the nation's music fans, who once again have voted in their thousands," Paul said.
Winners List of 2009 Q Awards:
- Best New Act: White Lies
- Breakthrough Artist: Mr. Hudson
- Best Track: Lily Allen - "The Fear"
- Best Video: Lady GaGa - "Just Dance"
- Best Live Act: Arctic Monkeys
- Best Album: Kasabian - "West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum"
- Best Act in the World Today: Muse
- Classic Song: Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax"
- Q Classic Album: U2 - "The Unforgettable Fire"
- Innovation In Sound: Sonic Youth
- Classic Songwriter: Yusuf Islam
- The Q Idol: Spandau Ballet
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: Robert Plant
- The Q Inspiration Award: The Specials
- The Q Icon: Marianne Faithfull
- The Q Legend: Edwyn Collins