October 09, 2009 09:24:26 GMT
Together with Alexandra Cunningham, the creator and executive producer of 'Desperate Housewives' is in negotiation stage with the Alphabet.
Now that "Desperate Housewives" has been running for five years, creator Marc Cherry is looking out to venture into another show. He has been in talks with ABC to develop a new series which previously was referred to as a spin-off to "Desperate".
The new series which is aimed for next season has since been granted a stand-alone status according to THR. Cherry is assisted in writing the project by "Desperate" executive producer, Alexandra Cunningham. Both of them will also be executive producing together with Sabrina Wind. There is still little detail about the project but it is said to have the same tone to "Desperate".
Regarding whether Cherry would leave his post on "Desperate", THR said that Cherry has committed himself to the very end of the show.
Back in May, there were reports circulating that Kathryn Joosten and Lily Tomlin from "Desperate" will get their own show. Their characters, Karen McCluskey and Roberta Simmons, reportedly would be snooping and solving crimes but not on Wisteria Lane. It received a warm response from fans and Cherry allegedly loved the idea of a mystery series.