October 02, 2009 02:45:18 GMT
The production has been halted as requested by Jon Gosselin but both TLC and Kate are saddened by his decision especially because they filmed last week without incident.
There is no more peace between Jon Gosselin and TLC. On Thursday, October 1, Jon put a cease and desist order for the network to stop the production of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" through his lawyer and shortly after, the network fired back by releasing a statement that they are saddened by Jon's erratic behavior.
Jon's attorney Mark Jay Heller told The Insider that this move by Jon is one of his attempts to save his family from being a "trainwreck". Furthermore, Mark and Jon have been planning to pull the plug on the production weeks before the network announced on Tuesday that the series' name is changed to "Kate Plus Eight".
The story has since developed into a war between TLC and Jon. In a public letter Jon wrote that he would notify the local authority should any crew is to enter his property. Also during his appearance on "Larry King Live" on Thursday, Jon said that the show is not healthy for his kids and that he only makes $1 million per annum before taxes through the show while the network makes $186 million.
TLC reportedly threatens to sue Jon for the "King" appearance, citing that the network has the right to prevent Jon from doing other cable's interview. While the report is not yet confirmed, TLC released a statement regarding the production shut down, saying "We are aware of Jon Gosselin's recent statements, and remain deeply disappointed at his continued erratic behavior. He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic."
"Despite Jon Gosselin's repeated self destructive and unprofessional actions, he remains under an exclusive contract with TLC. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents."
As the third party, Kate Gosselin has also revealed her point of view regarding the situation. "I'm saddened and confused by Jon's public media statements," she said. "Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids. I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so."
"I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn't otherwise have. Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon's priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being."
"Kate Plus Eight" is scheduled to return in November.