September 30, 2009 03:01:00 GMT
Acute intoxication due to the combined effects of several drugs in his system has been cited as the cause of the DJ's death last month.
The New York Medical Examiner announced Tuesday, September 29 that DJ AM's death was an accident due to substance abuse. As being listed in the toxicology report, the late celebrity disc jockey "had in his system cocaine, OxyContin, Hydrocodone or Vicodin, antianxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin which also controls anger, Benadryl, and Levamisole, a drug apparently used to cut cocaine," the Associated Press reported.
The medical examiner's office, moreover, determined AM's cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects of those drugs. Nevertheless, the dosage of each drug was not released. "Our investigation is completed," spokesperson Ellen Borakove confirmed to Us Weekly.
DJ AM was found dead at his New York City apartment on August 28. He was 36 years old. When authorities discovered his body, they found crack pipe nearby. Worse, it has been reported before that AM was found with multiple OxyContin pills in his mouth and stomach.
AM's death came less than a year after he and best friend, drummer Travis Barker, were involved in a plane crash in Columbia, South Carolina that killed four people last September. He was laid to rest at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in West Los Angeles on September 2.