On the heels of a homicide case involving a contestant of the show, VH1 has announced that it will stop airing "Megan Wants A Millionaire" until further notice. In a statement released on Wednesday, August 19, the network said, "Given the unfortunate circumstances, VH1 has postponed any future airings. This is a tragic situation and our thoughts go out to the victim's family."
Ryan Jenkins is one of the contestants of the dating reality show who was suspected of murdering a 28-year-old swimsuit model named Jasmine Fiore. He becomes a person of interest to the police after Jasmine's body was found stuffed in a suitcase and dumped in a trash bin in Buena Park, California last weekend.
A 32-year-old investment banker, Ryan joined the competition earlier this year and appears in three episodes. The production was completed in March and it began airing on August 2. As a result of the incident, all information regarding the show have been removed from the official site.
Ironically, Ryan is also a contestant of VH1's other show "I Love Money" season 3. The network has not made a comment about this but TMZ reported that there is a chance it may not air at all because Ryan has allegedly told his friends that he was a winner of the show.
Ryan who is said marrying Jasmine recently in Las Vegas reported the model's disappearance on Saturday, August 15 but has since gone missing himself. Police have launched an international manhunt, narrowing the possibility that he may be heading to Canadian border with his BMW X5 or Jasmine's 1007 Mercedes CL S550.