Lil Wayne is advised by his doctors to cancel Young Money tour in Canada due to unidentified illness.
Young Money's on-going star-studded tour has been forced to be put on hold as its headlining act Lil Wayne is sick. The cancellation reportedly was announced minutes before the gate of the concert's venue was opened. "Lil Wayne, due to illness, was advised by his doctors to cancel the Young Money Presents: America's Most Wanted Music Festival tour stops in Western Canada," so a statement from his camp revealed.
"The tour, headlined by Lil Wayne featuring Young Jeezy, Soulja Boy, Pleasure P and Jeremih, was scheduled to come through Vancouver and Edmonton on August 17 and 18," it was further explained. "Wayne, his band and crew arrived in Canada with full intention of performing but were forced to cancel the dates due to doctor-mandated rest."
"Young Money Presents America's Most Wanted Music Festival will continue their tour routing as planned and extends an apology to the fans for the cancellation."
Young Money's tour has been kicked off on July 27 at Toyota Pavilion in Scranton, PA and was originally scheduled to be wrapped up on August 23 at Superpages.com Center in Dallas. However, the roadshow extends its dates by adding more live concerts despite the fact that it has lost one of its supporting acts Drake due to on-stage injury earlier this month.
Young Money's additional tour dates:
- August 24 - Kansas City, MO at Starlight Theatre
- August 27 - Darien Center, NY at Darien Lake Theme Park Resort
- August 28 - Noblesville, IN at Verizon Wireless Music Center
- August 29 - Tinley Park, IL at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- August 30 - Clarkston, MI at DTE Energy Music Theatre
- September 01 - St. Paul, MN at Xcel Energy Center
- September 02 - Milwaukee, WI at Marcus Amphitheatre
- September 03 - Cincinnati, OH at PNC Pavilion at Riverbend
- September 04 - Charlotte, NC at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- September 06 - Sunrise, FL at BankAtlantic Center