Michael Jackson Movie Possibly Comes Out Around Halloween


Michael Jackson Movie Possibly Comes Out Around Halloween


Rumor has it, Sony Pictures is projecting an October 30 release for the feature film covering the late King of Pop's concert rehearsal footage from his 'This Is It' tour.

The feature film project for Michael Jackson's rehearsal footage from his "This Is It" concert could be coming out on Halloween weekend. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Sony Pictures is in final talks to obtain the rights for the untitled Michael Jackson project and is eying to release the movie on Friday, October 30.

Sony reportedly has paid AEG Live, who owns the rights for the footage, a whopping $60 million since the opening bid for the Hollywood studios was allegedly started at $50 million. THR furthermore claimed that while terms of the deal are still being worked out, the Jackson's estate will get 90% of the fee and AEG will reap the remaining 10%. Despite the circulating report, Sony declined to comment on the film's deal.

Before this report of Sony in final negotiation for the film's rights came out, it was said that Fox, Universal, Paramount and Relativity were also interested in putting in bids. However, at the time, many speculated Sony would likely win the bidding, partly because Sony Music has rights to Michael's music.

Weeks following Michael Jackson's sudden death, AEG Live has considered to turn the legendary singer's rehearsal footage for his "This is It" concert into a feature film. The material, owned by the concert promoter, was said to contain over 100 hours of Michael rehearsing his back catalog for the tour scheduled to play at the O2 Arena, London, later in the year.

It also included the King of Pop performing his hits "Thriller" and "Beat It" in addition to production meetings and auditions. Some of the rehearsal footage were shot in high definition. At the time, AEG's president and CEO Randy Phillips revealed that they are waiting for Jackson's estate to be settled before proceeding with their plan.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS

Comments

  •  
    Alexa
    Aug 07, 2009

    Oh! Mu god!!! I have been waiting for this..I won't miss it...I hope the price is just right...Cos our KIng of Pop deserves the best...I love you MJ R.I.P

  •  
    cutie_16
    Jul 28, 2009

    yeah i hope it si cheap we will be waiting for that movie and the footage of his "this is it" rehearsal!!

  •  
    Stacy?
    Jul 28, 2009

    wait is this comming out in theaters or d.v.d?

  •  
    michael jackson fan
    Jul 26, 2009

    hope it is cheap to buy when it comes out on dvd

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

   

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
  2. North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
  3. 'Spider-Man' Star Tom Holland Has a Secret Role in 'A Monster Calls'. Get the Details!
  4. Lady GaGa Reportedly Gives Bradley Cooper Unwanted Sexual Attention
  5. Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
  6. Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
  7. Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
  8. Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
  9. Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
  10. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?

CELEBS PHOTO