Twelve were sent home on Las Vegas callbacks night, leaving 20 to compete in the next round and vying for votes from the audience.
From 32 hopefuls, 12 were trimmed off to reveal the Top 20 of "So You Think You Can Dance" season 5. The panel of judges, Adam Shankman, Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Debbie Allen, Mia Michaels and Lil C dropped the good news during the Las Vegas callbacks on Thursday, June 4 to 20 people who will advance to the next round.
The Top 20 consists of 10 women and 10 men. Starting next week (Wednesday, June 10), they will be split into pairs and compete weekly. Then the audience will have the power to determine which pairs stay and who should pack their bags until, 10 dancers remain. They will be judged individually when the competition reaches the Top 10.
Among the Top 20 vying for the 10 spots are Janette Manrara who got a car accident before the audition, Vitolio Juene who got an upset stomach while waiting for the deliberation, Caitlin Kinney who cited "Divine Intervention" as her reason to be in Top 20 and Evan Kasprzak whose brother Ryan did not get accepted in the Top 20.
Top 10 Women:
- Randi Evans (23) - Jazz
- Karla Garcia (23) - Jazz/Contemporary
- Caitlin Kinney (21) - Contemporary
- Asuka Kondoh (25) - Latin Ballroom
- Janette Manrara (25) - Salsa
- Jeanine Mason (18) - Contemporary
- Kayla Radomski (18) - Jazz/contemporary
- Melissa Sandvig (29) - Ballet
- Paris Torres (19) - Contemporary
- Ashley Valerio (22) - Contemporary
- Kupono Aweau (23) - Lyrical/Contemporary
- Tony Bellissimo (20) - Hip Hop
- Brandon Bryant (19) - Contemporary
- Phillip Chbeeb (20) - Popping
- Jason Glover (21) - Lyrical/Contemporary
- Vitolio Jeune (26) - Contemporary
- Max Kapitannikov (26) - Latin Ballroom
- Evan Kasprzak (21) - Broadway
- Ade Obayomi (20) - Contemporary
- Jonathan Platero (21) - Salsa