Lovers Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough will team up in 'Dancing with the Stars', while Jewel Kilcher and her husband get two new pro dancers.
The official partnering of "Dancing with the Stars" season 8 has been unveiled. Two-time champion Julianne Hough will be partnered with her boyfriend, the country singer Chuck Wicks. "I might kick him in the butt a little harder than with my other partners!" Hough said to People on the partnering. "I'm definitely a 'crack the whip' type of person."
Meanwhile, dancing pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy who had delivered wins for several of his partners, will be teamed up with actress Denise Richards while his fiancee Karina Smirnoff is teamed up with Apple Computer wiz Steve Wozniak. Last season's champion Derek Hough will lead rapper Lil' Kim while two-times winner Cheryl Burke assists actor Gilles Marini.
Two new professional dancers are added this season, they are Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin. They will partner up with husband and wife Ty Murray and Jewel Kilcher respectively.
The new season of the dancing competition will start waltzing on March 9.
- Former NFL star Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska
- Actor Gilles Marini and two-time DWTS champ Cheryl Burke
- Rapper Lil' Kim and season seven champ Derek Hough
- Actress Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Pop star Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts
- Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and season six champ Mark Ballas
- Reality star Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer
- Rodeo star Ty Murray and first-time Dancing pro Chelsie Hightower
- Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff
- Country singer Chuck Wicks and two-time champ Julianne Hough
- Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell and Tony Dovolani
- Actor David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson
- Singer Jewel Kilcher and first-time Dancing pro Dmitry Chaplin