'House M.D.' camp earns double through the show itself and its actor Hugh Laurie at the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards.
Through online voting, it is found out that viewers favor "House M.D." and its leading star Hugh Laurie. The FOX production was announced as Favorite TV Drama at the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards, beating down "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Grey's Anatomy". Laurie aka Dr. House meanwhile, triumphs over Charlie Sheen in "Two and a Half Men" and Patrick Dempsey in "Grey's".
Another notable winner is Ellen DeGeneres who via her daytime show, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", won Favorite Talk Show Host. Receiving the award, Ellen said during the acceptance speech, "I wish I could share this with you. I could throw it on the ground and smash it into a million pieces, and give each one of you a little piece of it, but that's violent, and that's probably why you voted for me, because I'm not violent."
"Dancing with the Stars" was voted as Favorite Reality Show over "American Idol" while the Favorite Game Show nod lands to "Deal or No Deal". Prizes were handed out in a gala ceremony held at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on Wednesday (January 7) night. Beside TV, the awards event also gave away statuettes in movie and music categories.
- TV Drama: "House M.D."
- TV Comedy: "Two and a Half Men"
- TV Animated Comedy: "The Simpsons"
- Sci-fi/Fantasy Show: "Heroes"
- Reality Show: "Dancing With the Stars"
- Game Show: "Deal or No Deal"
- Male TV Star: Hugh Laurie
- Female TV Star: Christina Applegate
- Talk Show Host: Ellen DeGeneres
- Scene-Stealing Guest Star: Robin Williams, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"
- TV Drama Diva: Kyra Sedgwick as Brenda Johnson, "The Closer"
- New TV Comedy: "Gary Unmarried"
- New TV Drama: "The Mentalist"