Carrie Underwood and Chris Brown have both left the Saturday night ceremony of the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards with two prizes each.
Determined through online voting, winners for the 35th Annual People's Choice Awards in music have been revealed during a star-studded ceremony on January 7 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Carrie Underwood and Chris Brown are among those who bring home the Saturday night prize.
Beating down Alicia Keys and Rihanna, Carrie is named as "Favorite Female Singer". Also, her track "Last Name" successfully puts aside Taylor Swift's song "Love Story" and Rascal Flatts' single "Take Me There" in "Favorite Country Song".
In addition, Carrie was also revealed as the winner of "Star Under 35". She takes aside such competitors as Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron, Beyonce Knowles and Blake Lively among others.
Chris meanwhile proudly scoops an honor as "Favorite Male Singer", winning over Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney. Taking home another trophy, he is also announced as the winner of "Favorite Combined Forces", sharing the prize with Jordin Sparks for their collaborative song "No Air".
2009 People's Choice Awards Winners in Music:
- Favorite Male Singer: Chris Brown
- Favorite Female Singer: Carrie Underwood
- Favorite Group: Rascal Flatts
- Favorite R&B Song: Alicia Keys' "No One"
- Favorite Pop Song: Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl"
- Favorite Rock Song: Kid Rock's "All Summer Long"
- Favorite Country Song: Carrie Underwood's "Last Name"
- Favorite Hip-Hop Song: Flo Rida's "Low" featuring T-Pain
- Favorite Combined Forces: Jordin Sparks' "No Air" featuring Chris Brown