Christian Bale-starring 'The Dark Knight' and Brad Pitt-starring 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' are among those on the run for the coveted prize from 20th annual Producer Guild Awards.
On Monday, January 5, Producers Guild of America has unveiled the film nominees for its 20th annual awards. Through the announcement, it is revealed that summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight" and traveler tale "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" are among the contenders for the 20th Annual Producers Guild Awards (PGA).
With the nomination, the producers of the two different genre movies are on the run for the Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures prize. They will be up against strong competitors as they are listed along with "Frost/Nixon", and critics' favorites, "Milk" and "Slumdog Millionaire".
Beside those five films, "Bolt", "Kung Fu Panda" and "Wall-E" have also received nod for the 2009 PGA. The three animation films put their producers to compete for Producer of the Year Award in Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures. In addition, "Man on Wire", "Standard Operating Procedure" and "Trouble in the Water" are nominated for best-produced documentary.
Producers Guild of America, who also recognizes the best in television, will hand out its awards at a black-tie gala ceremony on Saturday, January 24. The event will be held at the Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles.
List of 20th Producers Guild Awards nominees in film category:
Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- Kathleen Kennedy & Frank Marshall, Cean Chaffin - "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
- Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Emma Thomas - "The Dark Knight"
- Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Eric Fellner - "Frost/Nixon"
- Dan Jinks & Bruce Cohen - "Milk"
- Christian Colson - "Slumdog Millionaire"
- Simon Chinn - "Man on Wire"
- Julie Bilson Ahlberg, Errol Morris - "Standard Operating Procedure"
- Carl Deal, Tia Lessin - "Trouble in the Water"