The 'Batman Begins' sequel, 'The Dark Knight', dominates the third annual Spike TV's Scream Awards 2008, bringing home twelve top prizes, including The Ultimate Scream Movie and Best Comic Book Movie.
The winners of "Scream 2008", the third annual Spike TV's Scream Awards, has been uncovered and summer blockbuster flick "The Dark Knight" has come out victorious. Nominated for an astounding 21 nominations, the sequel to "Batman Begins" has collected an amazing twelve kudos from the award event that honors the best in fantasy, sci-fi, comics and horror.
At the live taping of the show which took place at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, "Dark Knight" has been hailed to be The Ultimate Scream Movie, Best Sequel and Best Comic Book Movie. It also obtained recognition for its F/X garnering a Best F/X prize. Though losing the Most Memorable Mutilation to "Teeth", the superhero movie won also The Holy Shit! Scene of the Year and Best Line prizes.
On the part of its performers, "Dark Knight" brought coveted awards for Christian Bale, Heath Ledger and Gary Oldman. Bale was awarded with Best Superhero, while Ledger was given the title of Best Actor in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show and Best Villain for his portrayal of Joker. Additionally, Oldman was given the honor as Best Supporting Performance. Moreover, director Christopher Nolan and the screenwriter team Christopher, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer, has also gained Best Director and Best Screenplay kudos.
"SCREAM 2008" will be premiered on Spike TV on Tuesday, October 21 at 9:00 - 11:00 P.M. ET/PT. It features the appearances by Kate Beckinsale, Kristen Bell, Rosario Dawson, Samuel L. Jackson, Seth Rogen, Winona Ryder, Kevin Smith, Liv Tyler and George Lucas among others. The event also presents the musical performances by The Smashing Pumpkins and Kerli.
Full List of 'Scream 2008' Winners:
- The Ultimate Scream Movie: "The Dark Knight"
- Best Fantasy Movie: "Hellboy II: The Golden Army"
- Best Horror Movie: "Sweeney Todd"
- Best Science Fiction Movie: "Iron Man"
- Best Sequel: "The Dark Knight"
- Best Remake: "Halloween"
- Best Comic Book Movie: "The Dark Knight"
- Best Scream to Comic Adaptation: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Season Eight
- Best Superhero: Christian Bale as Batman in "The Dark Knight"
- Best Villain: Heath Ledger as The Joker in "The Dark Knight"
- Best Actor in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show: Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight"
- Best Actor in a Horror Movie or TV Show: Johnny Depp in "Sweeney Todd"
- Best Actor in a Science Fiction Movie or TV Show: Robert Downey Jr. in "Iron Man"
- Best Actress in a Fantasy Movie or TV Show: Angelina Jolie in "Wanted (2008)"
- Best Actress in a Horror Movie or TV Show: Liv Tyler in "The Strangers"
- Best Actress in a Science Fiction Movie or TV Show: Milla Jovovich in "Resident Evil: Extinction"
- Breakout Performance: WALL-E in "Wall-E"
- Best Supporting Performance: Gary Oldman in "The Dark Knight"
- The Holy Shit! Scene of the Year: The Big Rig Flips Over in "The Dark Knight"
- Most Memorable Mutilation: Bitten by Vagina with Teeth in "Teeth"
- Best Director: Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight"
- Best Screamplay: "The Dark Knight" by Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer
- Best F/X: "The Dark Knight"
- Best Line: "I believe whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger" by The Joker in "The Dark Knight"
- Best TV Show: "Dexter"
- Best Comic Book: "Y: The Last Man"
- Best Comic Book Artist: Gabriel Ba, "The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite"
- Best Comic Book Writer: Grant Morrison, "Batman, Final Crisis"
- Most Shocking Comic Book Twist: The X-Men Disband After Professor X is Shot in the Head by Bishop