Along with such big names as Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, and Sheryl Crow, Kanye West and Adam Levine will lend their voices to Barack Obama's campaign anthems.
Rapper Kanye West will collaborate with Maroon 5's vocalist Adam Levine in a compilation album to benefit Democratic candidate Barack Obama. Entitled "Yes We Can: Voices of a Grassroots Movement", the soundtrack album will be released in conjunction with Hidden Beach Recordings and sold to raise money for Barack's campaign until November 4.
Joining Kanye and Adam in single "Promised Land" is African-American spoken word poet, Malik Yusef. Meanwhile, other stars who will lend their voices to the theme songs collection include Stevie Wonder, who will sing "Signed Sealed Delivered" and John Legend who will perform "Pride in the Name of Love".
"The whole concept [was] how do we translate that to inspire and invigorate and also give people a keepsake that they can own," a spokesperson from Hidden Beach, Steve McKeever, explains. "While at the same time providing some important capital needed for this campaign."
Tracklisting of "Yes We Can: Voices of a Grassroots Movement":
- Eternity by Lionel Richie
- Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder
- Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
- American Prayer by Dave Stewart
- Battle Cry by Shontelle
- Make It Better by Los Lonely Boys
- Pride in the Name of Love by John Legend
- I Have a Dream by BeBe Winans
- Am I All Alone by Suai
- One Is the Magic # by Jill Scott
- Love & Hope by Ozomatli
- Looking East by Jackson Browne
- Out of Our heads by Sheryl Crow
- Promised Land by Malik Yusef with Kanye West and Adam Levine of Maroon 5
- Hold on by Yolanda Adams
- America the Beautiful by Keb' Mo'
- America by Ken Stacey
- Wide River by Buddy Miller