Fans' wishes to see more of Batman's former ally-turned-foe in the next installment of the dark superhero has once again met with rejection.
Harvey 'Two Face' Dent has been officially buried six-feet-under and won't be coming back for "The Dark Knight" sequel. While talking about his new controversial movie "Towelhead", the man behind Dent, Aaron Eckhart, put an end to any speculation regarding the possibility of his character's return in "Batman 3".
When asked by Superhero Hype!, Eckhart firmly stated that the villain is indeed dead. "No. He is dead as a door nail," he said, adding further, "He ain't coming back baby!" In similar note, he told CHUD that director Christopher Nolan has confirmed the matter to him. "I asked Chris if there was a chance of coming back," the 40-year-old noted. "'No way,' he said. 'He's toast."
Back in midst August, Dennis O'Neil, the author of the movie novelization, has also laid down the fact on the character with half-disfigured face. He wrote that the once rising District Attorney of Gotham City and Batman's ally was "sprawled, neck twisted, the mutilated side of his face exposed, his left eye open and staring sightlessly. He was obviously dead."
Earlier this week, "Dark Knight" has made another record by becoming the second movie to break to the $500 million milestone. Up to September 2, the sequel to "Batman Begins" starring also Christian Bale, Heath Ledger and Maggie Gyllenhaal has collected as much as $505.4 million nationwide and $922.4 million worldwide.