The annual Canadian awards has announced its full winners, with the highly awaited People's Choice Awards for Canadian artist was grabbed by Avril Lavigne.
Finally the full winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards has been announced and the last and coveted awards, the People's Choice categories have got their winners. Winning the People's Choice award for Favorite Canadian artist is rock chick Avril Lavigne with "When You're Gone", making it her second win in a row after grabbing the same prize in 2007.
Beside Avril other musicians that also win the People's Choice categories, are Simple Plan who grabbed the Favorite Canadian Group for "When I'm Gone" and Fall Out Boy who took home the Favorite International Video for "The Take Over, The Break's Over".
Beside the People's Choice, the latest award that was announced is the Best Video which was won by Hedley with their "For The Nights I Can't Remember" video. With that prize, the local rock band become the artist who grabbed most awards on the annual event, as they have in total four awards.
Beside announcing the award winners, the annual show that was held in Ontario, starting at 9 P.M, also features lots of performance from famous musicians. The acts that highlighted the show are the likes of, Akon, Rihanna, Flo Rida, Simple Plan and it was closed with a special performance by New Kids On The Block, who sang a medley of their hits, such as "Step By Step", "Hangin' Tough", "Please Don't Go Girl", "(You've Got It) The Right Stuff" plus their new song "Summertime".
Full Winners of the 2008 MuchMusic Video Awards:
- Best Video: Hedley "For The Nights I Can't Remember"
- Best Director: Kevin De Freitas, Hedley "For The Nights I Can't Remember"
- Best Post Production: Sam Roberts - Them Kids
- Best Cinematography: Hedley "For The Nights I Can't Remember"
- MuchLOUD Best Rock Video: Hedley "She's So Sorry"
- MuchVIBE Best Rap Video: Belly - "Ridin'" ft. Mario Winans
- VideoFACT Best Independent Video: Wintersleep "Weighty Ghost"
- Best International Video - Artist: Rihanna "Dont Stop The Music"
- Best International Video - Group: Linkin Park "Bleed It Out"
- People's Choice: Favorite International Video: Fall Out Boy "The Take Over, The Break's Over"
- People's Choice: Favorite Canadian Group: Simple Plan "When I'm Gone"
- People's Choice: Favorite Canadian Artist: Avril Lavigne "When You're Gone"