In support of her No. 1 album, Madonna will begin a summer tour beginning this August.
In coincidence with her album being placed #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart, Madonna and her team announced that she will head for a summer tour starting August 23 in Cardiff, Wales. Via Billboard.com, the singer reportedly will visit as many as 50 to 60 venues that will be produced by Live Nation, concert promoter that late last year earned a multi million dollar deal to back up her career.
Madonna will visit mostly stadiums and arenas during the tour that is dubbed "Sticky and Sweet". She will be in European venues until the end of September before heading to North America in October through November. She will give a fair share of her concerts in Mexico and South America in between November to December. Details for the tour will be announced by Live Nation later today (April 8).
Commenting on his involvement to promote the tour, Live Nation's chairman Arthur Fogel said, "I'm thrilled to be involved in another worldwide Madonna extravaganza. The reality is she's delivered her last album to Warner Bros., and it's a smash, which is great for everybody. We now have a tremendous opportunity with a tremendous artist to do all kinds of new and innovative things on many different levels, and this tour will be the start of that rollout."
The tour is done in support of "Hard Candy" that was released on April 29 and entered the Albums chart at #1, selling 280, 000 copies. Tickets sale and pre-sale schedule will be announced later but Fogel said that the price will not be far from her last two tours, that means its lays between $55 to $350 range.
Update (2008/05/08) the dates of the tour which have been retrieved by Undercover.com.au are as follow:
- 23-Aug Cardiff Millennium Stadium (on sale May 16)
- 26-Aug Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann (on sale May 16)
- 28-Aug Berlin Olympic Stadium (on sale May 21)
- 02-Sept Amsterdam Arena (on sale May 17)
- 04-Sept Dusseldorf LTU Arena (on sale May 21)
- 06-Sept Rome Olympic Stadium (on sale May 23)
- 09-Sept Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena (on sale May 21)
- 11-Sept London Wembley Stadium (on sale May 16)
- 20-Sept Paris Stade de France (on sale May 16)
- 03-Oct E. Rutherford Izod Center (on sale May 19)
- 06-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden (on sale May 19)
- 07-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden (on sale May 19)
- 15-Oct Boston TD BankNorth Garden (on sale May 17)
- 18-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre (on sale May 24)
- 22-Oct Montreal Bell Centre (on sale May 24)
- 26-Oct Chicago United Center (on sale May 17)
- 30-Oct Vancouver BC Place Stadium (on sale May 24)
- 01-Nov Oakland Oracle Arena (on sale June 1)
- 04-Nov San Diego Petco Park (on sale June 1)
- 06-Nov Los Angeles Dodger Stadium (on sale June 1)
- 08-Nov Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena (on sale May 31)
- 11-Nov Denver Pepsi Center (on sale May 31)
- 16-Nov Houston Minute Maid Park (on sale May 31)
- 19-Nov Philadelphia Wachovia Center (on sale June 2)
- 22-Nov Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall (on sale June 2)
- 24-Nov Atlanta Philips Arena (on sale May 31)
- 26-Nov Miami Dolphin Stadium (on sale May 31)