So much for a Hip-Hop act on a rock stage, Jay-Z has been blamed for the poor ticket sales of the Glastonbury Festival this year and even rumored to be pulling out from the bill due to the matter. A rep from the festival however, like a couple of times prior to this, has once again denied that Jay-Z will pull the plug.
Earlier this week, a source told The Sun that Jay is sick of the rumors of him being cast as one of the performers have caused the ticket sales of the festival not running fast. The source said, "He hasn't liked all this talk of how Glastonbury is more urban and hip this year because of his appearance. He feels it's a bit sad and he's being used to make a point. The straw that broke the camel's back was when he was blamed for the lower registration for tickets and subsequent sales."
In the past years, the tickets went sold out in a matter of hours but this year, the tickets that were sold on Sunday, April 6 are still on sale through Monday morning. Explaining the truth, organizer Emily Eavis said, "Jay-Z is still very much playing" added by her father Michael who told The Sun, "I spoke to his people this weekend. Everything is fine. I'm excited."
The festival is held in a three-days course over the weekend starting from June 27 in Somerset, England. It will feature performances by The Verve, Neil Diamond and Kings of Leon on the main stage.
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Jay will also headline another festival this year. He has been billed to perform at O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London on the first day, July 3. Mark Ronson, Hot Chip, Roisin Murphy, Morrissey, Fatboy Slim and Counting Crows are also on the line-up.