Feist swept all five categories she was nominated in while big nominees Celine Dion and Avril Lavigne took home nothing.
Feist was nominated for five categories in 2008 Juno Awards and she took home, all five of them. The 32-year-old singer made an exceptional sweep at the Canadian event on Sunday, April 6 when her album "The Reminder", her single "1234" and her profession as a songwriter successfully moved out her competitors.
"I made a record with my buddies in a house, people's ears were open to it for whatever incomprehensible reason, and then those people brought me more people in my world," Feist said on her acceptance speech that was scribbled on her hand. Ironically her wins made Celine Dion and Avril Lavigne who were nominated for six and five respectively, walked away with none.
Michael Buble managed to secure his fan base by being named the winner of Fan Choice Award while Serena Ryder won New Artist of the Year. Other Canadian winners include Arcade Fire, Wintersleep, Finger Eleven, Blue Rodeo and Christopher Mills. In the international category, Rihanna's 2007 album "Good Girl Gone Bad" received the title International Album of the Year.
Lavigne, Finger Eleven, Anne Murray and opera superstar Measha Brueggergosman were among the performers that night. Half of the winners were announced through non-broadcast while others were broadcast live on CTV on Sunday, April 6 from the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta. Complete list of the winners can be found here.
Partial List of 2008 Juno Awards Winners:
- Juno Fan Choice Award: Michael Buble
- Artist of the Year: Feist
- Single of the Year: "1 2 3 4" - Feist
- Album of the Year: "The Reminder" - Feist
- Pop Album of the Year: "The Reminder" - Feist
- Songwriter of the Year: Feist - "My Moon My Man", "1234", "I Feel It All"
- New Group of the Year: Wintersleep
- New Artist of the Year: Serena Ryder
- Group of the Year: Blue Rodeo
- Country Recording of the Year: "Risk" - Paul Brandt
- Video of the Year: "C'mon" - Chris Mills
- Alternative Album of the Year - "Neon Bible" - Arcade Fire
- Rock Album of the Year - Finger Eleven
- International Album of the Year - "Good Girl Gone Bad" - Rihanna